Loaded Font Retained After Logging Off

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
albeter

Loaded Font Retained After Logging Off

Post by albeter »

I am running Main Type 2.1.1 on a Windows XP Pro PC.

1) I log in as an Administrative User account (e.g., Jill), and I load a True Type font (e.g., Papyrus.ttf). I then logoff as Jill and switch to another Administrative User account (e,g, Jack). The Papyrus font loaded by Jill is still active. Should it not have been released and removed from the active font list when Jill logged off?

2) In situation #1 above, Jack can unload the Papyrus font loaded by Jill. However, if instead of Jack logging on after Jill logged off, a Limited User account (e.g., Guest) logs on, the Papyrus font loaded by Jill is still active, but it cannot be unloaded, uninstalled, nor deleted. At this point if Guest logs off and Jill logs back on, the font still cannot be unloaded. The same problem occurs if the Papyrus.ttf font is initially loaded by a Limited User account and subsequently accessed by an Administrative Account user. This situation only occurs with true type fonts. It does not occur with loading of Type 1 fonts. I did not check it with other font types. The only way to get rid of the font loaded by the other user at this point is to shut down and restart the PC.
Dave Crosby
Typographer
Typographer

Yes

Post by Dave Crosby »

The only way to get rid of the font loaded by the other user at this point is to shut down and restart the PC.
I believe this is the way "LOAD" is designed to function. The loaded fonts are unloaded when the computer is turned off, not when someone logs off.
Aut nunc aut nunquam
Erwin Denissen

Re: Loaded Font Retained After Logging Off

Post by Erwin Denissen »

albeter wrote:The only way to get rid of the font loaded by the other user at this point is to shut down and restart the PC.
Or just unload the font through MainType.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology