Need help to creat URDU Nastaleeq Real fonts in unicode

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
syedraheem

Need help to creat URDU Nastaleeq Real fonts in unicode

Post by syedraheem »

I am using Font Creator home version, I am working on Adobe Photoshop, illustrator as well as corel draw to draw / retouch & create Glyphs for Urdu real Nastaleeq glypsh (like symbol fonts of urdu inpage "Noori Nastaliq" which is nearest to Calligraphy Nastaliq written urdu), but in unicode there is no unicode Nastaleeq Font can be realize as REAL NASTALEEQ font. Now i worked on Isolated, initial, medial & Final
Glyphs & it is about 50% ready with me.

Could you tell me what i need more to create my own font in TTF format. & how i can join initial to medial / final , medial to final.

it is to be noted that each charactor of Urdu unicode charactor has more than 15-20 initial forms (Glyphs) to join with medial or final form of character.
I have all unicode numbers for Urdu Characters as well as arabic initial, medial & final but he problem as i mentioned above URDU has more initial, medial forms rather than Arabic which has straight writing from right to left in single line where ever urdu Nastaleeq is also right to left but not in straigt form but it will go back about 45 degree left to right as soon as letter is joined.

your kind help needed.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I think you need to use FontCreator in combination with Microsoft VOLT. Use VOLT to add OpenType Layout Features for Arabic Script. More information here:
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/otf ... appen.aspx
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology