I like this feature. It is now easy to focus on problems of a particular type. The automatic fixing of problems is a great time saver. Not checking for errors you don't want to fix simplifies the Problem Report. Automatically fixing errors simplifies the Problem Report even further as there are no problems to report.
Perhaps the warning about loss of hinting information needs to be in bold, though people making new fonts will not be affected by this.
This only seems to work for Macintosh mappings, not for Unicode.
Rather pointless since Font Creator doesn't produce fonts for the Macintosh. Is this hard to change?
- The zoom out tool is redundant
- Zoom to selected can easily be done by dragging a marquee with the zoom in tool.
- Fit on screen doesn't fill the screen.
- Zoom factor percentage might be better as a drop down list with standard percentages. As it stands I never use it.
- Zoom to fit could be replaced and set as the default for the drop down list.
- The new advanced tab on the Options Dialogue is helpful.
- Font smoothing in glyph overview helps when viewing at small sizes, but it slows down screen redraw noticeably on my slow PC (Now a 1 Ghz Athlon is slow )
- Is there any likelihood that we will see automatic hinting feature in the near future
- Search glyph in the insert glyph dialogue now works much better