MainType not recognizing fonts/won't install

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
fadedlavndr

MainType not recognizing fonts/won't install

Post by fadedlavndr »

I got a new computer and have 4500 or so fonts that I need to reinstall. I wanted to go into MainType, select them in my various groups, and install them all at once.

When I selected them all and hit the install button, it wouldn't do anything, when I would select individual fonts, it would install them. I finally figured out that there are certain fonts that MainType isn't recognizing and having them selected with the rest would keep the group from being installed. The problem is, there are a large amount of fonts not being recognized and it makes the process of installing through MainType worthless as I have to go through and select individual and small groups of fonts in order to install and it will take ages. Plus, I won't be able to use any of those unrecognized fonts within MainType.

I've included a screenshot of what it looks like in MainType (open dot with no font preview) along with the folder showing the font does exist on my computer. All of my fonts are in the same folder on my computer. I *have* synced that folder.

Any idea why this is happening or how to fix? Thanks for your help!
fontlistexample.png
fontlistexample.png (284.12 KiB) Viewed 4925 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: MainType not recognizing fonts/won't install

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It seems there was an issue with storing font information into the database, and it is most likely corrupted. We will try to locate the cause, to prevent this from happening in the future.

Maybe a reboot fixes the issue, otherwise a full uninstall of MainType and then a reinstall of MainType is required.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology