Copied character not the same size

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
LisanAlGaib

Copied character not the same size

Post by LisanAlGaib »

I drew some character in Affinity Designer. I copied one character from Affinity Designer to FontCreator. I found a weird action in FontCreator. My copied character seemed very small in FontCreator. I made my character's height 1434. And I copied this character from FontCreator to Affinity Designer. I compared with the original character. I didn't believe the original and FontCreator's copied character has a same size. It's very weird.
Win 11 23H2 Fontcreator 15.0.0.2955
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Copied character not the same size

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

See Tools, Options, Exchange where you can modify the scaling.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

Sorry Bhikku Pesala I don't think you understand my problem. I have 6 files. In every file there many characters with the same height. If I copy one character from each file to FontCreator one of them will be smaller than the others but every character has the same height. I think it is a bug.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Can you confirm this issue with the latest version?

If so, please send two sample Affinity Designer files we can use to reproduce the issue.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

Thank you for your help! I found out the cause of the size difference. One my Affinity file have higher dpi resolution than the others. This higher dpi have caused smaller copied size.