Sort out only system fonts?

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
ConnieR.

Sort out only system fonts?

Post by ConnieR. »

I have all the fonts that I've bought or downloaded, in one Folder, which I keep synced, and al the fonts in that main folder are sorted into Groups by type (script, serif, display, etc.) There are 2605 fonts in this folder. But the LIBRARY view shows 3368 fonts, so I assume the rest of those are system fonts? (are there really 763 system fonts in Windows 10?) How do I sort so I ONLY see the system fonts? I want to delete some of them.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Sort out only system fonts?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

System Fonts are critical to Windows, and should not be removed.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You can add a tag, e.g. System to all your fonts within the Library view, then go to your main folder and remove the tag from all those fonts.

Now you can use the Tag Search panel to show all fonts with the specific System tag. You can even make a Custom View out of it for your convenience.

Hope this helps.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
ConnieR.

Post by ConnieR. »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:55 pm You can add a tag, e.g. System to all your fonts within the Library view, then go to your main folder and remove the tag from all those fonts.

Now you can use the Tag Search panel to show all fonts with the specific System tag. You can even make a Custom View out of it for your convenience.

Hope this helps.
This will work, thank you!
ConnieR.

Post by ConnieR. »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:21 pm System Fonts are critical to Windows, and should not be removed.
Yeah, I've heard that said before. But I don't think ALL those fonts are critical to Windows; things like Comic Sans are just plain stupid! And I'll NEVER need all those Chinese and other foreign fonts!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

ConnieR. wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:04 pm Yeah, I've heard that said before. But I don't think ALL those fonts are critical to Windows; things like Comic Sans are just plain stupid! And I'll NEVER need all those Chinese and other foreign fonts!
MainType's list of System fonts does not include Comic Sans or those Chinese and other foreign fonts.

Is Comic Sans even included with Windows now? Which version of the OS are you using?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
ConnieR.

Post by ConnieR. »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:31 pm
ConnieR. wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:04 pm Yeah, I've heard that said before. But I don't think ALL those fonts are critical to Windows; things like Comic Sans are just plain stupid! And I'll NEVER need all those Chinese and other foreign fonts!
MainType's list of System fonts does not include Comic Sans or those Chinese and other foreign fonts.

Is Comic Sans even included with Windows now? Which version of the OS are you using?
Windows 10. I'm guessing they are in the system fonts, because they are in the list of all fonts on MainType, and I certainly didn't download them intentionally! They are not in the main folder that I have for all my fonts that I've downloaded.