[CLOSED] Some composite characters not the same

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
LisanAlGaib

[CLOSED] Some composite characters not the same

Post by LisanAlGaib »

I have been made composite characters with Fontcreator. I have a "tilde" diacritic and "a" and "o" characters. When I pressed button "make composite" the "tilde" on "o" is centered but the "tilde" on "a" is not.
Win 11 23H2 Fontcreator 15.0.0.2955
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Some composite characters not the same

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

What is your FontCreator version?

Which method are you using to create Composites? Auto, Anchor-based, Composite Data?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

15.0.0.2949 version.

Auto method.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Auto works for me, but Complete Composites does not.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

Complete Composite is a function. This function works with four different option. Four different option is "Auto", "Anchor based", "Anchor based reposition", "Composite data". If you use "Complete Composite" you have to choose one of this option. In my case I choose "Auto" option, but "Auto" doesn't works well with my every character and I don't know why.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

LisanAlGaib wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:12 pm I have been made composite characters with Fontcreator. I have a "tilde" diacritic and "a" and "o" characters. When I pressed button "make composite" the "tilde" on "o" is centered but the "tilde" on "a" is not.
If your glyphs don't have anchors yet, auto complete composites tries to position anchors based on the glyph outline. You can always adjust the anchors manually, so in your case the top anchor for your "a" might need to be moved horizontally.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

You are right. The top anchor wasn't centered. Thank you for your help!
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

One more question. I edited top anchor. I locked top anchor. I saved the file. When I made composite with auto mode again. The locked anchor position moved away. It have to work like that?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

LisanAlGaib wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:20 am You are right. The top anchor wasn't centered. Thank you for your help!
You are welcome.
LisanAlGaib wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:39 am One more question. I edited top anchor. I locked top anchor. I saved the file. When I made composite with auto mode again. The locked anchor position moved away. It have to work like that?
The locked prevents you from accidentally moving an anchor within the glyph panel.

Maybe it makes more sense if Auto did not reposition anchor based, but just uses the existing anchors.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology