Complete composite not work as it should be

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
LisanAlGaib

Complete composite not work as it should be

Post by LisanAlGaib »

This is very weird. I think this a bug again.
Attachments
error-4.jpg
error-4.jpg (32.92 KiB) Viewed 2921 times
Win 11 23H2 Fontcreator 15.0.0.2955
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Complete composite not work as it should be

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

There is nothing anyone can do to test without the font project. Attach it to the forum.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

It is not true. Sometimes I feels like Fontcreator software just beta version and we who buy this we are official testers. I will not attach nothing to the forum. Every font what I have created is my intellectual property. I will not attach to risk in public forum. If you read my topics you will discover this is not the first time to complain about complete composite function. If you see my attached pictures in my topics you will notice there are similar result of errors on my previous comments. I have sent three different project I am sure every of them will make the same errors if you paste certain glyhps. I want to fix this error ASAP or I will want refund to buy another software what I can make this job.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

LisanAlGaib wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:50 pm It is not true.
I am just a volunteer here. I have used FontCreator for many years, but I don’t have time to diagnose the problem by guessing what you might have done. Stop blaming the software for your own errors. You can send the faulty font project to Erwin, but attaching it here means anyone can help, even on a Sunday, when Erwin might not be working. No one is going to steal your font, and if you sell them when they are finished, people can still copy them if they don’t care about copyrights. After the project has been downloaded, you can remove it from your post.

G dot accent is fine in my composites, generated with (Auto) or anchored-based. The software does not seem to be buggy. The G dot glyphs use dotaccentcomb and dot accentcomb.case

imacron uses idotless and macroncomb (or macroncomb.narrow if you have designed that combining diacritic to suit lowercase).
G dot accent.png
G dot accent.png (3.43 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Bhikkhu Pesala is a respectful user who is not affiliated with us. He has been around helping other users for so long, so it is understandable to think he is an employee.

Anyway, I am not able to reproduce the glyph outlines, so I wonder if you are using the latest version of FontCreator. And if so, do send the font project to me along with specific instructions.

Maybe your macron glyph is empty or has an incorrect outline. That might affect macroncomb and that can cause an issue when you generate composite made out of macroncomb.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

"Stop blaming the software for your own errors." I think it is a very offensive affirmation.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We have received the font project and noticed your macroncomb glyph contains both a contour and a composite member. It all works just fine again after deleting the component. The same goes for your dotaccentcomb.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
LisanAlGaib

Post by LisanAlGaib »

If you see my project file (the original one) and you try to delete hyphenminus and period you will see the same result.
If you see my macroncomb there is two lines. One of the them is a longer. The longer one is the hyphenminus I think.
If you see my dotaccentcomb there is two dots. One of them is smaller. The smaller one is the period I think.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

You should not delete the glyphs. You need to open a glyph edit panel to edit the outlines of both macroncomb and dotaccentcomb.

I suggest you delete the component in both, so you end up with the contours.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology