I'm freaking out

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
בן של מלך

I'm freaking out

Post by בן של מלך »

I want to set a really simple command and can't.
As you probably know, in the Latin language there are glyphs like grave and the like, (you probably know it better than me...), when I write A and then ` I will get the glyph À or something like that...
I want to define this glyph as a mark, which means that when I write A and then `, this grave will sit on the letter, but as a separate glyph.
and does not succeed.
I mean - succeeds, but when I do a test it turns out that it doesn't really work. Not even in any word processor.
What could be the reason?
Times2 (1).fcp
(41.43 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: I'm freaking out

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The usual order is accent first followed by the base glyph to type a composite glyph with the accent.

àèìòù or ãõñ etc.

What happens when you type using the font in an application like Word depends on the Windows keyboard that you select in Settings.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
בן של מלך

Post by בן של מלך »

I mean that I want to define that whenever I write A and then some sign it will be placed in the middle of the letter and work in the programs.
And it doesn't happen.
You can clearly see the effect in the different programs.
צילום מסך 2024-02-04 190023.png
צילום מסך 2024-02-04 190023.png (229.31 KiB) Viewed 285 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It depends on the shaping engine and the rareness and complexity of your OpenType layout features.

In general, the font is fine, if it works in your web browser.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology