Failed Registration

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
hirize

Failed Registration

Post by hirize »

I am using FontCreator 14 Home Edition. I recently discovered I needed features found in the Pro Edition, so I purchased a new license...FontCreator 15 Professional Edition - Upgrade from FontCreator 12, 13 or 14 Home Edition - $129.
However, the new provided registration code results in Failed Registration. After backtracking a bit, I discovered that altho I have a registration code for version 14, it apparently has slipped away and the program is reporting it is unregistered, but still allows me to use it. There is no place to insert the code for 14 so I can upgrade. Instructions are to do this on the website, but unfortunately, I am unable to find the location to accomplish that. Suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks,
norma
hirize

Re: Failed Registration

Post by hirize »

Well, that was a wild ride, but the problem has been resolved. Perhaps others might need the information I have discovered.
When I tried to place the registration code for the new version into the old version, it erased the code for the current version...hence, the "unregistered" product. I resolved that by pasting the original code and voila! I was legal again.
I assumed (incorrectly) that the new version code could be pasted into the old version and then the program could be upgraded. I had the steps out of sync.
Here's what should be done:
1. Pay the new registration fee and get the code.
2. Download the new version.
3. Place the new code into the new version.
Worked like a charm...and in hindsight, it makes perfect sense.
Not generally an idiot, but I feel like one today.
Thanks.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Failed Registration

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Welcome to FontCreator 15. It may take a while to get used to all the changes.
This version supports variable fonts.

The Help File is online, as well as the PDF user manual, which is accessible from the Help menu.

There are also some Tutorials online to get you started.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486