ViewPanel has huge gaps between entries

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
abackhaus

Re: ViewPanel has huge gaps between entries

Post by abackhaus »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 7:01 am Does this update solve the issue?

https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/maintype ... 16-x64.exe
I have installed this. The window opening and closing during startup was gone.

Then I made a few attempts with a custom layout and switched between factory default and a custom layout and also tried with and without a maximized window.

In the end I also had the problem that the window was minimized to the taskbar and you can see it there (pictogram on mouse-over in taskbar) but you can no longer bring it back to the desktop and work in it.

The attempt to maximize the window via task manager ends - not always but reproducibly - with a full screen window without content - there is only the frame and you can otherwise see the desktop.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I hope this update solves the issue.

https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/maintype ... 17-x64.exe

Let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

That seems to fix the issue for me.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
abackhaus

Post by abackhaus »

Seems ok here too. Thanks.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

abackhaus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:20 pm Yes, this is much better and above all very fast! Thank you for your quick response and help.

It would be nice if the FontCreator would start as quickly. It might also be worth checking there to see if the magic trick might also work there .... :D
Here is an update with a splash screen on starting FontCreator.
https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/fontcrea ... 78-x64.exe

Let me know if this works smoothly.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
abackhaus

Post by abackhaus »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:49 am
abackhaus wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:20 pm Yes, this is much better and above all very fast! Thank you for your quick response and help.

It would be nice if the FontCreator would start as quickly. It might also be worth checking there to see if the magic trick might also work there .... :D
Here is an update with a splash screen on starting FontCreator.
https://www.high-logic.com/tmp/fontcrea ... 78-x64.exe

Let me know if this works smoothly.
Many thanks Erwin,

I wasn't so much concerned about a splash screen at the start of the program - it's rather the entire image composition that is extremely slow with FontCreator. The new version is unfortunately not much better.
I don't think that hardware is the bottleneck here: AMD Threadripper PRO 3995 SWX - 64 cores, 256GB RAM, RADEON RX6900 XT

MainType has also seen considerable improvements in the area of image composition after the updates. Hence my hope ...
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I am afraid this is the best we can do for now.

FontCreator has a rather complex user interface and all those elements take time to position and draw.

The splash screen takes care of most of the processing of resources on starting FontCreator, so it should result in a slightly better experience. But I agree, it is not as good as I hoped.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
abackhaus

Post by abackhaus »

Erwin Denissen wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:19 pm I am afraid this is the best we can do for now.

FontCreator has a rather complex user interface and all those elements take time to position and draw.

The splash screen takes care of most of the processing of resources on starting FontCreator, so it should result in a slightly better experience. But I agree, it is not as good as I hoped.
Thanks again for the quick feedback - so I guess we'll have to wait a little longer ....