Error saving fonts

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
sshieh

Error saving fonts

Post by sshieh »

I just tried out the first tutorial, and everything went fine until I tried to save the font, when I got the error message: "External exception C000001E." I also tried opening a font and using SaveAs to save under a different name; got the same error message. I'm running XPSP2. Can you tell me what's wrong?

Thanks!
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

This might be related to the protection mechanism that is wrapped around our software. Have you downloaded the software from our website?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
skyli

Post by skyli »

I have the same problem too :(
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

It's something I'm not able to reproduce with the information I got. What version of Window are you running, and what language? What version of FontCreator do you have, and where did you get it?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Mr.confused

Error Saving Fonts

Post by Mr.confused »

I have the same problem. I just recently got the program and wanted to upload my own handwriting. SO instead of using the contours I just uploaded an image of each of the letters in the alphabet that I drew in Paint. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with it...
I have a Windows XP SP3, English language, FontCreator 5.5 that my cousin bought me on CD. Can anyone help me?
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

We don't sell CD's so I suspect you have an illegal or corrupt version. If you have a legal version, then I suggest you download the latest release located on our download page.

Do let us know your results.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology