One Suggestion

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
maddsc14

One Suggestion

Post by maddsc14 »

Hello i am new, and though this was already mentioned in a 2-year-old topic, i also believe that the trial version for this software is overly limited, i think it would be good if you gave people a better taste of the software, to weed out those who want to use the software to generate several different templates and many fonts, and those who just want to make one simple font. If you dialed it up just one notch, and allowed for there to be one installable font (JUST one) limited to the simple template only, i think it would better justify a price like that. A few weeks ago i was searching for a way to make a font out of my handwriting, my cousin found a site called yourfonts.com, i was like wow!
So i printed out the template, filled it out, scanned it, uploaded it, and found out i had to pay $10.00 for the thing.... I gave up after that until today when i found scanahand.... So i did the same exact stupid thing where i thought i would get my font... and i found out i had to pay $50.00! I felt betrayed by your simplicity. I really didn't want to go up to my parents and say "Hey! Wanna spend 50 dollars to see my handwriting on the screen?". Now my handwriting is pretty sloppy and i wanted to generate it on a computer to see how it would look and get a few laughs. But both of these prices seem a bit too exorbitant for any kind of result. I know the purpose for your software, and it does seem pretty neat, but that's not what i'm looking for. I don't want to feel like i wasted money on something i'm only gonna use once . So High-Logic, do you think you can find it in your heart to satisfy my very simple need? If not, then i don't know why i signed up for this forum :lol:

i hope i didnt break too many regulations with this post :?
Erwin Denissen

Re: One Suggestion

Post by Erwin Denissen »

So High-Logic, do you think you can find it in your heart to satisfy my very simple need?
If you only need one font, then YourFonts.com is the perfect service for your needs as you pay for just one font. We are not going to change our business model just because you want to get things for free.
i hope i didnt break too many regulations with this post
Well you posted it in the wrong forum, as this has nothing to do with Requests and Enhancements for MainType. I'll move your post to a more appropriate forum.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: One Suggestion

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

YourFonts.com promises to let you preview your font for free, which it does, so there is no reason to feel cheated. Here is one I just created at Your Fonts.com with some of my own sample text in the first line.
Font Preview.png
Font Preview.png (15.66 KiB) Viewed 11797 times
I think the trial version of Scanahand also lets you see a preview of your font, though it does not allow you to save it.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486