finding where to put extra glyphs

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Krys

finding where to put extra glyphs

Post by Krys »

I thank everyone for previous help.
Now I have been trying to add 8 extra glyphs to my font. I have read many threads about the subject but still when I created an old fashioned s which I managed to put in as a third s in the correct key, I found that the small e with a ligature would not go into the "e" area as it was taken up with the euro sign. I've put it in with the f where it accepted it, but will that matter if anyone else should want to use it in the future?

So if there are already 3 glyphs mapped to any key, you can't add anymore?

It's all very confusing as I have also tried to add a different capital R, N and miniscule g and have failed. I have tried the private use area, and the variations of latin but with no success as the response is that the glyph is already in use.

I'm working on my mac with parallels installed. I don't have Word installed, but can use Wordpad. However, I got the font installed on another laptop and the results were the same.

I would be grateful for advice.
Erwin Denissen

Re: finding where to put extra glyphs

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Krys wrote:So if there are already 3 glyphs mapped to any key, you can't add anymore?
I'm pretty confused about what you expect from a font related to a keyboard and the characters you intend to use.

The character to glyph index mapping allows you to assign a character to a glyph. You can assign multiple characters to the same glyph, but you can only have one glyph per character.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Krys

Re: finding where to put extra glyphs

Post by Krys »

Thankyou, I understand now.