Custom layouts should save sort column or grouping

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
nabsltd

Custom layouts should save sort column or grouping

Post by nabsltd »

In MainType 8.0.0.1135, when you load a custom layout, the sort column doesn't change, which means it isn't saved with the layout.

I noticed this when I created a layout for viewing recently added fonts. The different columns I chose (more detail about font, like version, plus the date added) changed just fine, but I had sorted by the date added in reverse so that recent fonts were at the top, but that part isn't saved. After testing, I found that layouts also don't save the family or category grouping

Although this behavior might be by design, it makes layouts less useful.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Custom layouts should save sort column or grouping

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Yes, almost certainly "By Design," so I moved it to the Requests and Enhancements forum.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
nabsltd

Post by nabsltd »

Since it's possible that the newly loaded layout hides the sort column, it really should be called a bug that needs fixed.

I can't think of another UI that has active sorting column tops and a multiple saved column layout system that doesn't save the sort column in the layout.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

In earlier versions, even the column status was not saved with the layout.

That feature request has since been implemented. Whatever does not come free with Windows controls has to be added.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486