Home 13 - from bold to regular & versions for the same character

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
FontcreatorUser

Home 13 - from bold to regular & versions for the same character

Post by FontcreatorUser »

Hello, I'm a new user of Fontcreator home 13,
I'd like to get help with the following questions:

1. I've created a bold font. Is there a way to add a parallel regular set of glyphs automatically? (automatically decreasing the size of the glyph by half for example).

2. Can I add other versions of the same character and later my PC will use them randomly after installing this OpenType file?
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Home 13 - from bold to regular & versions for the same character

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

1. The Glyph Transformer is not available in the Home Edition, but that has scripts to transform bold to medium, etc.
2. OpenType features can be used to randomly substitute one glyph for others. It is a fairly steep learning curve to Enrich your fonts with OpenType features.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
FontcreatorUser

Re: Home 13 - from bold to regular & versions for the same character

Post by FontcreatorUser »

Thank you for your reply.
Regarding my first question:
I found another way to solve it, working on Illustrator.
1. First of all install on the PC the font you want to change.
2. Go to illustrator > fonts > choose the font you want work with.
3. increase to the size you see on FontCreator, now you see two letters that are equal.
4. While standing on the letter on Illustrator, go to the 'stroke' and change it to the size you want.

This is my 50 cent for this issue overtaking the need in the advanced version of Font creator. Anyway, this way is for who have time and patience, otherwise, maybe it's better to go to the professional version. I'm not experienced in that version to tell my opinion about.