Really would like to have custom shortcuts

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
Kokokolode

Really would like to have custom shortcuts

Post by Kokokolode »

Every program I've ever used even free ones have had custom shortcut even for little to no commands, I get that it's a font program and all that, but I really really prefer to press X to close tabs rather than the old boring Crtl +F10 every time, or to press B to get the free hand tool, simple things like shortcuts really make the difference to the user experience , I'll be waiting for this feature, I know it's gonna come it just takes time that's all :cry:

Thank you
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Really would like to have custom shortcuts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Kokokolode wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:48 amI know it's gonna come it just takes time that's all :cry:
Do not bank on it. It may not be as easy to do as you think, and it has been requested several times over the last decade.

Ctrl+F10 opens MainType here. Ctrl+W closes the current tab, as does clicking the X button on the tab.

List of Keyboard Shortcuts.

Access keys are useful where no shortcuts exists, e.g. to select the Freedraw Tool, use Alt+I, then F.
Free Draw Contours.png
Free Draw Contours.png (3.98 KiB) Viewed 5200 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Kokokolode

Re: Really would like to have custom shortcuts

Post by Kokokolode »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:02 am
Kokokolode wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:48 amI know it's gonna come it just takes time that's all :cry:
Do not bank on it. It may not be as easy to do as you think, and it has been requested several times over the last decade.

Ctrl+F10 opens MainType here. Ctrl+W closes the current tab, as does clicking the X button on the tab.

List of Keyboard Shortcuts.

Access keys are useful where no shortcuts exists, e.g. to select the Freedraw Tool, use Alt+I, then F.

Free Draw Contours.png
I got confused between Ctrl +F4 and F10, THIS is why I prefer to have custom shortcuts, but what can we do :roll:

the Ctrl+W is so much better! thanks for the tips! now my workflow speed has improved by 2% thanks to you, :mrgreen:

No worries, I'll still be waiting for this feature! Oh I just know it's gonna come soon
Last edited by Kokokolode on Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.