Cannot copy and paste to Cricut Design Space

Get help with MainType here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Pennyt134

Cannot copy and paste to Cricut Design Space

Post by Pennyt134 »

Hi

I actually got this font manager a while back, but got frustrated trying to use it, so I haven't messed with it in a while. I just downloaded some new fonts yesterday and I am trying to use the flourishes (?) on one of them.

I copied the letter I wanted to change, but when I highlight it in Cricut and click paste, it just makes a duplicate of the original letter. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I also have character map UWP, and it does the same thing.

Help please!
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Cannot copy and paste to Cricut Design Space

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The Cricut software probably does not support OpenType features.

In software that does support OpenType features, when you enable the feature, alternative glyphs are substituted for the original glyphs.

The original text does not change, but when the software detects that the Stylistic Alternate feature is enabled, it substitutes the fancy version of the letter. My Pali font has Stylistic Alternates for all capital letters that are the first letter in a word to use them as Drop Capitals. The string used is "Text" so copying it will just copy and paste "Text" into this message box, not the fancy Drop Capital.

Original Text
Original Text.png
Original Text.png (6.67 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
Stylistic Alternate
Stylistic Alternates.png
Stylistic Alternates.png (8.38 KiB) Viewed 2388 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486