Hide Fonts

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
bacollin801

Hide Fonts

Post by bacollin801 »

Will there ever be a way to hide system fonts such as TIMES ROMAN, ETC. The ones that we can't or don't want to delete? I don't want to see them everytime I use this program. I am looking for fonts to use in a design and do not want to see them everytime.

Also, will there ever be a way to search for newly added fonts? When I add a font, I do not always get to it right away to that I can label it and later on I can't remember which ones they are. It would be nice to search for newly added fonts or unlabeled fonts!!

THank you
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Hide Fonts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Font lists can be sorted by date added. System fonts could be tagged, but I don't know of any way to hide them from view.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Hide Fonts

Post by Erwin Denissen »

bacollin801 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 pm Will there ever be a way to hide system fonts such as TIMES ROMAN, ETC. The ones that we can't or don't want to delete? I don't want to see them everytime I use this program. I am looking for fonts to use in a design and do not want to see them everytime.
Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but MainType professional edition allows you to create custom views. This way you can select all fonts, except the ones with a specific tag.

Just tag such fonts, for example with System or Hidden. Then create a custom view and add a negative tag into the Tags field, e.g.
-System
bacollin801 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 pm Also, will there ever be a way to search for newly added fonts? When I add a font, I do not always get to it right away to that I can label it and later on I can't remember which ones they are. It would be nice to search for newly added fonts or unlabeled fonts!!
Just select the Recently Added or Recently Accessed view.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology