Direct selection of the problematic curves

Got a request? Post it here. Please do not post bug reports here.
SBonfiglio

Direct selection of the problematic curves

Post by SBonfiglio »

Dear you All good day.
I'm here today to propose another improvement that it could solve another problem I'm facing.
Well, I'm using the tool for creating some complicated glyphs. Using fonts is much more useful for what I'm doing instead of using normal images.
So I'm dealing with a problem, that is the finding of the curves that make problems in a design.
If should be nice to have the possibility to click of a "problem" such as an overlapping curve and have it selected directly in the glyph where the problem is.
For a "complicated glyph" I mean one with 100 or 200 curves.
Finding that problem is sometimes problematic, at least for me.
Also I propose here another function, that is related to checking of glyphs.
If I had done a check and I left many glyphs unmodified, it could be convenient that all the glyphs that passed the previous check wouldn't be checked again (if they haven't been touched).
At the end, a single glyph check should be great! If I'm into a glyph edit window, the check button could activate the check on that glyph only, possibly selecting the curves that have problems.
Also, please, enlarge the red "X" for the problems on the curves. I have a little disability in my view, and sometimes it is quite hard to see it.
Thanks for the attention.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Direct selection of the problematic curves

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The first two are already available.

If you open the real-time glyph validator, all of the problems are listed. Double-click the error to zoom in to the intersecting co-ordinates, off-curve extremes, etc.

After running the Font Validtor, a new folder will appear in the glyph overview side panel, listing all of the glyphs that had errors that could not be corrected automatically by the validator.

Colour blindness problems affect me too. There is an option in Windows Settings, Ease of Access to apply colour corrections.
Colour Filters.png
Colour Filters.png (148.76 KiB) Viewed 3852 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486