Quick selection of external contour

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Vozzy

Quick selection of external contour

Post by Vozzy »

I make several fonts in the family - with a shadow, with a texture inside, etc. In order for them to have the same metric and kerning, I make all glyphs with a stroke. Then in FontCreator I delete this stroke.

How can you do it quickly? Mouse select on each character and delete - too long. 200+ characters is very time-consuming. Especially when there are 5-6 fonts in the family. I tried using the keys to select the previous or next one - on each character, a contour is randomly selected. Maybe there is some more elegant solution?
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typos
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Quick selection of external contour

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I moved your topic from Tutorials and Solution to Support, where it belongs.

It would be much quicker not to use a stroke to maintain consistent metrics. Copy and paste special in the glyph overview to copy the metrics from one font to the others in the same family.

Copy and paste kerning tables from the OpenType editor to other fonts.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Erwin Denissen

Re: Quick selection of external contour

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I wonder if it would be beneficial to make it a variable font and then only export the masters.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology