Alternative version of the font

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
kpelczar

Alternative version of the font

Post by kpelczar »

I would like to add alternative versions of the letters from two fonts.

In one font I have all the letters and characters in the basic version e.g. "A" "B" "C" "D". In the other font I have the same letters and characters in the alternate version, all with a name, e.g. "A.ss01", "B.ss01", "C.ss01", "D.ss01".

I would like to combine these two fonts into one, so that, for example, "A.ss01" is the alternative letter for "A". Unfortunately, after simply copying the letter and adding only ".ss01" to the name, it does not create an alternate version for the letter. In addition, when exporting, the newly added letters with ".ss01" are not visible.

So how do I collectively combine two fonts so that one version of the characters is an alternative to the other?
Erwin Denissen

Re: Alternative version of the font

Post by Erwin Denissen »

One final step should do it:

Open the OpenType Designer and click the toolbar icon in the upper left corner. From there ensure you have selected "Stylistic Sets (ss01-ss20)" and press the OK button.
StylisticSets.png
StylisticSets.png (102.4 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
antpawel

Post by antpawel »

Your answer is very helpful!

To follow up - is it possible to copy a glyph from one project to another one? I don't see a way of doing that and I need to manually add a glyph first and then copy contour of a letter..
Attachments
Zrzut ekranu 2022-08-17 o 18.25.45 2022-08-17 18-26-49.png
Zrzut ekranu 2022-08-17 o 18.25.45 2022-08-17 18-26-49.png (389.13 KiB) Viewed 1309 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Sure, from the main menu select Edit and then Paste Special.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
antpawel

Post by antpawel »

Wow! Nice!

It was mistaking that it was not working by using right mouse click... But it do work by using main menu. Thanks!