Glyphs Counts

Discuss FontCreator here, please do not post support requests, feature requests, or bug reports!
Nebuldu

Glyphs Counts

Post by Nebuldu »

I would like to ask something that caught my attention in Font Creator program. Although the "Sedid" font I'm working on contains 3330 glyphs in .fcp format, when I export the font, the count of glyphs drops to 3294. What is the reason of this? The same thing happens with the other “Manas” font.
Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala on Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed Typos
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Glyphs Counts

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Are any glyphs empty, unused, or tagged as Do not include in Export?
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
Nebuldu

Post by Nebuldu »

No, there are no empty glyphs in the project. There are no glyphs that I've tagged as obsolete. There are also no glyphs that are exempted when exported. I sent you the Sedid and Manas fonts a day or two ago. If the glyph numbered 1473 in the Sedid font and the glyph numbered 1051 in Manas are unchecked so that they will not be exported until the end of the file, you will encounter the situation I mentioned when you export both fonts.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Nebuldu wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:43 am I would like to ask something that caught my attention in Font Creator program. Although the "Sedid" font I'm working on contains 3330 glyphs in .fcp format, when I export the font, the count of glyphs drops to 3294. What is the reason of this?
Sedid has 36 unused glyphs. Within the font panel, you can select them from the unused category in left tree view. If you insist on including those unused glyphs, then uncheck the Exclude unused glyphs option in the Options dialog on the Font tab.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Nebuldu

Post by Nebuldu »

Thank you. It was not my preferential choice to categorize some glyphs as unused.
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Then assign codepoints to them or use them in glyph substitution lookups, as right now the user cannot reach them.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Nebuldu

Post by Nebuldu »

OK.