Kerning does not work

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
Erina Bee

Kerning does not work

Post by Erina Bee »

Kerning doesn't work. I made a font "Aj Ti Ej" and it doesn't work. I wanted to make the diacritics properly connect, and it doesn't work. I selected the language to be "Default", and I thought it will then work for every script. But it didn't work.
Erina Bee

Re: Kerning does not work

Post by Erina Bee »

By the way, my language is Polish, so maybe it doesn't work in some languages. But please tell me how to make the kerning work.
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Kerning does not work

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

If you can attach the FontCreator project file *.fcp to the forum using the Attachments tab below the message box, it will be easier for us to see what the problem is.

The Default language for the latn script should be all that you need for kerning to work. European languages all use Latin script (as opposed to Cyrillic, Arabic, or Asian scripts.

Kerning of pairs with T will need different adjustment pairs for Ti, Tï, Tì, Tí, etc., they will often be positive, depending on the glyph shapes.
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486