Any way to make Transform dialog remember previous settings?

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
RickD

Any way to make Transform dialog remember previous settings?

Post by RickD »

I have made a font for 'negative circled numbers' in the range 0-999. Simply put each number is shown as 1, 2 or 3 white digits within a black, filled circle.

Now I'm beginning to make a variation in which the size of a subset range of the 'white' digits is larger relative to the filled circle. This is easy: for each glyph in the first font select the digit(s), press F6 and apply a centered scale transform. FontCreator is a fantastic product!

Everytime the scale transform is used in this way, the values are displayed as 100% for V and H. The last values used don't seem to be remembered. This means a lot of extra time, repeatedly typing the same scale values while going through all the glyphs.

Is there any setting or preference to change this behaviour in FontCreator version 11.5? Or, if not in version 11.5, maybe in a later version of FontCreator?

Thanks in advance,

Rick
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: Any way to make Transform dialog remember previous settings?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Transform scripts can be saved for reuse. Does that solve your problem?
Save Transform Script.png
Save Transform Script.png (17.87 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
PJMiller
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Post by PJMiller »

Also the icon above the 'Save Script' button is the load script button.

I have built up a library of useful scripts. I find it helps to start the name of the script with a capital 'A' so that my scripts appear at the beginning of the extensive list of scripts which are installed with Font Creator by default.
RickD

Post by RickD »

Hi Bhikkhu,

Thanks so much for your time making this nice suggestion.

I'm really at newbie level, and maybe don't understand properly. AFAICS the Transform
Wizard applies changes to *all* the contours/outlines in the selected range of glyphs.
In the current case the scaling transform is to be applied only to a subset of the contours
(the digit contours, not to the containing circle) in each glyph so, I think, it's necessary
to select the applicable contours and use the F6 Transform dialog, for each glyph, one after another.
The problem (or inconvenience, really) is the F6 Transform dialog does not seem to retain
the last-used values. In version 11.5 at anyrate. If there were a preference for that, it
would be handy.

Thanks again,

Rick
RickD

Post by RickD »

On further thought, the Transform Wizard would work fine in this case if there were a
script operator to *select* a rectangular area within a glyph so the following operations
could be restricted to apply within that area only.

Is there an operator that works like that?

Meanwhile I'll try using 'inverse'.

Thanks again,

Rick