[CLOSED] Font creator 2889 export issue

Post your bug reports here. Include information that helps us to understand and reproduce the bug.
Nebuldu

[CLOSED] Font creator 2889 export issue

Post by Nebuldu »

Font creator 2889 export issue
The program regularly shows the files exported as instance and masters on Windows. If you notice in the picture, it shows both of the sample texts in bold. In previous versions of the program, weights such as light and extralight, which are lower than regular, were not interpolated. But this problem has been fixed in version 2889. There is also a problem with the program: When I check the font for errors and fix the problems, it finds the corrected glyphs as incorrect again.
Attachments
picture.JPG
picture.JPG (58.63 KiB) Viewed 5139 times
Erwin Denissen

Re: Font creator 2889 export issue

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Please send the font project to us.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

I have received two font project files. The one with the variable font works just fine, as the exported instances show up correctly in Windows Fonts Settings dialog.
Sedid.png
Sedid.png (268.94 KiB) Viewed 5101 times
It is likely if you test and export your font a lot, that Windows font cache gets corrupted. Better uninstall all Sedid fonts, reboot, and then install the instances. Do not install both instances and the variable font, as that will also cause conflicting issues.

The other font project (Sedid Bold.fcp) has issues, as it has no instance. Especially Style Name, Weight Class, and Width Class are important.
Nebuldu wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 am There is also a problem with the program: When I check the font for errors and fix the problems, it finds the corrected glyphs as incorrect again.
This doesn't ring a bell, so please provide detailed information about what errors you check and fix.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Nebuldu

Post by Nebuldu »

Excuse me. I will follow your recommendations. As you can see in the picture, I got the result you got.
Attachments
picture.JPG
picture.JPG (56.35 KiB) Viewed 5085 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Nebuldu wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:11 am Excuse me. I will follow your recommendations. As you can see in the picture, I got the result you got.
That is good to know!
Nebuldu wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:15 am There is also a problem with the program: When I check the font for errors and fix the problems, it finds the corrected glyphs as incorrect again.
This doesn't ring a bell, so please provide detailed information about what errors you check and fix.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology