The software has crashed 3 times since this morning

Get help with FontCreator here. Please do not post feature requests or bug reports here.
shuki

The software has crashed 3 times since this morning

Post by shuki »

There is a problem that working with adjustments in fonts changes already 3 times after
A lot of work, the software got stuck and I lost a lot of time, an automatic save option is required, or fixing bugs that cause this, it causes a loss of time
Bhikkhu Pesala
Top Typographer
Top Typographer

Re: The software has crashed 3 times since this morning

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Some programs have an automated backup feature, but if saving a file takes more than a few milliseconds, such features can often cause the program to freeze if the user interacts with it during the save process.

In my long experience with many programs, it is advisable to turn off such automatic features and manually save files after every minor change, especially if the program has previously crashed a few times.

How big is your font project file? How many glyphs, what size is it on disk, how many points, etc.? Post a screenshot of the Font Information dialog.
Font Info.png
Font Info.png (14.2 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
My FontsReviews: MainTypeFont CreatorHelpFC15 + MT12.0 @ Win 10 64-bit build 19045.2486
shuki

Post by shuki »

Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (36.48 KiB) Viewed 5645 times
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

shuki wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:24 pm There is a problem that working with adjustments in fonts changes already 3 times after
A lot of work, the software got stuck and I lost a lot of time, an automatic save option is required, or fixing bugs that cause this, it causes a loss of time
I will send you a link to the latest beta version of the upcoming FontCreator 15.
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology
Erwin Denissen

Post by Erwin Denissen »

Is version 15 working for you?
Erwin Denissen
High-Logic
Proven Font Technology