Ligature, SVG, color, and so much fun

I’m exhausted by this software :') …

Okay, let’s resume : I try to create a ligature, but, since I did know how to do that, I was asking to IcoMoon to create a COLR thing for me. But InDesign recognize only SVG OpenType Color Font or something like that.

So, I tried to convert the file produced by IcoMoon, but it doesnt work.

So now I try to do everything inside FontCreator, and it’s a hell to find anything in this interface from the 90’s :') …

I did create a new font, and now I try to find… absolutely everything… since I dont know how to import an SVG, to create a ligature, or anything else.

Before telling me to RTFM, I did create an agent based on ChatGPT and feeded him with the manual, and I’m still stuck at the very same point.

Wonderful… We cant edit our msg on this forum.

I started from scratch using the agent, I think I successfuly added a ligature (non-composite, I precise), but it’s under baseline 0, so, obviously, nothing will be shown.

Any idea how I can move my glyph upper ? Transform cases are all greyed, I can only move LSB/RSB/AW but it change only the rules.

Did you read this article?
Create OpenType Color Fonts

Let me know if something is unclear, so we can further help, or if needed, adjust the article.