Two stupid questions

First: how do I group elements of a glyph (in FC15). Let’s say I have a D, and I want it aligned to the left. Not the entire glyph, but both the outline and the hole (can’t come up with the proper typographical term right now) will align left and f%#$@Q things up. I’m really sorry to ask such a simple question, but I can’t for the life of me figure it out.

Second question: I see there a FC 16 now? And no update offers for 15 users? That doesn’t sound like Edwin, does it?

For the first question: if you just want to change the distance between the glyph and the left sidebearing, adjust the LSB value.

If you actually want to move only a selection of contours, select those contours and use the Transform panel.

And yes, we definitely offer upgrades from previous versions of FontCreator, including version 15:
Buy font editor and font manager software - High-Logic Store

If that upgrade page was difficult to find or unclear, please let me know. We can certainly look at improving it.